Presley, Elvis/Picture of Elvis 1953

Dottie T wrote at 2008-06-15 01:27:46
I don't remember the exact date, but it was sometime in the early 50's, when I went to a place called Magnolia Gardens, east of Houston,  and that was the 1st time I saw Elvis perform.  He was not well known, but it did not take him long.  I fell in love then and he is still tops.  His fame is what did him in.  Col. Parker was only interested in $$$, amd cared not one iota about Elvis' well being.

Charity wrote at 2009-01-09 00:50:27
My great grandparents owned and ran Magnolia Gardens in the 1950's.  It was my great grandmother who actually used to pay him to sit in with the house band.  If it were a picture of him at magnolia gardens my grandmother would be able to determine if it were a real picture or not.  There is a video of Elvis presley playing at magnolia gardens before he was famous.  It is now in the rock and roll hall of fame as the earliest video ever taken of him.

Hope this helps,

Charity

Michael V. Jozwiak wrote at 2010-12-06 02:54:48
My mother and father when they were dating saw Elvis Presley at Magnolia Gardens when Elvis was a 17 year-old country singer. Magnolia Gardens was located across the street from the old Polish Hall which currently the Fitzgerald  Club at the intersection of Studemont St. and White Oak Dr. This is what my mother claims.

spring kid wrote at 2012-11-15 05:36:52
Yes, I saw Elvis at Magnolia Gardens in 1952 or 1953 - nobody

was too impressed - no big crowd yet.  He was a good singer - but nothing special. Of couse he is now and I love him - we are the same age.

Magnolia Gardens was way north of town - it had a hot springs for bathing - and at least one stage.

Presley, Elvis

Cory Cooper