Presley, Elvis/Vernon's life 1977-1979

Question
Are there any books on Vernon's life after Elvis died?
Thanks

Answer
Hi Gina. I am not aware of a book specifically related to the biography of Vernon Elvis Presley during those years following his son's tragic and untimely death. There is much documentation about Vernon and there are many books about Elvis which address Vernon and Gladys. Those references can be googled if you are interested! Vernon has no living siblings but there are still cousins. It is documented that Vernon got scared and ordered the autopsy to try and refute the painful book of betrayal written by Elvis' longtime "friends" Sonny and Red West and Dave Hubler ("Elvis What Happened?"). The book was published 16 days before Elvis died and many believe was the final nail in his coffin.  The autopsy made revelations that astounded and crushed Vernon. Vernon had been suspicious of certain Mafia members, having long believed that they were not taking care of his son, but hurting him. For Vernon, Elvis hung the moon. And who could not understand Vernon's blind love for his son Elvis? Elvis made Vernon a better person, gave him a purpose, and of course, lifted him out of abject poverty forever.
    As the sole executor and Trustee of Elvis' will, Vernon reportedly worked day and night getting Elvis' estate in order and died himself two weeks after he was finished at the  young age of 63. After the funeral Vernon came up behind Elvis' casket and cried, "Son, Daddy will be with you soon. Daddy will be with you son." Those  around Elvis said Vernon died of a "broken heart."  He left some money to his surviving siblings and the rest to his fiance Sandy Miller.
  Thank you Gina.

Presley, Elvis

Beverly Taylor