Presley, Elvis/Elvis in Altus OK 1955

Eddie wrote at 2009-04-05 01:03:54
I do not know to whom this email is going to, but I and a buddy of mine went to see Elvis at the Altus City Auditorium.  We were big fans because we had heard him on the Louisiana Hayride and liked the sound. He only had about 3 singles out at the time (dual sides) and he was 3rd or 4th on the list.  Anyway, the radio station in Hobart, Ok KTJS, the next day played all of his songs all day long.  The crowd was very very small,  I say no more than 75 people, if that many.  I called Altus one time to find out the date and they did not have any record of him coming to Altus.  I also have other tales of Elvis in Okla City

I was glad to see this information. Thank you for your time.

Eddie

sherriemr wrote at 2009-04-20 21:45:29
That's SOOO cool!  I KNOW Elvis was in Altus..A friend of mine's mother was at that show too.  (I'm from Altus)

Sandra wrote at 2016-04-13 17:08:37
I actually sold tickets to this event. I met Elvis at the Southern Club in Lawton. Joined an aftershow gathering. I asked him why he didn't cut his hair and he got upset at the question. (mind you, I was used to military hair cuts) At any rate I was offered to go to Altus with them. Spent the night with the group and went to breakfast with the Colonel, Bill and Scotty and Elvis. Elvis put a $100.00 bill in the front of my dress and I gave it back to him. Traveled on in Pink convertible ( I believe it was a Ford make) and on to the Auditorium. Small turnout was due to the event not being advertised as it should have been. A Radio program was contacted and details on the appearance were given and thus a small turnout. I was given an area to get dressed in and Elvis came in to there with two jackets. One Red and one black and white check. He asked me which one I felt was appropriate and I chose the black and white. (I was less showie that he.) He gave me a kiss on the cheek and he wore the red jacket. This was the last contact I had with him. I did go to the San Diego CA concert with a friend and altho they whisked Elvis out when the concert ended My friend, myself, Bill, Scottie and the Jordanaires met and went out for a few drinks.

Presley, Elvis

Sherrie