Presley, Elvis/Song help

Captainn Midnight wrote at 2009-11-24 17:50:12
I believe the song in question was "Only the strong survive".In the beginning of the song,Elvis has a speaking part in which he says "my mamma had some strong advise,so I thought I'd put it to words in a song".

tcbgirl wrote at 2009-11-24 17:58:33
I think the song you are asking about is called, "Only the strong survive".  About a man who lost at love and his mother is giving him advice to be strong and move on.

STEVE&ANN wrote at 2009-12-08 07:15:53
DEAR lAURA YOU ASKED A QUESTION TO SOMEONE ON THIS SITE THAT ANSWERS THEM THEY ASKED WHAT SONG ELVIS MOTHER WAS GIVING HER SON ADVICE THAT ELVIS HAD SUNG TO HER AND ADVICE FROM HER SOMEONE DID NOT KNOW AND SAID ALL THEY COULD THINK OF WAS MAMA LIKED THE ROSES I BELIEVE THAT IT WAS ONLY tHE STRONG SURIVE THANKS ANNMARIE AND STEVE   PS IN THE SONG IT SAYS THATS WHAT SHE SAID ONLY THE STRONG SURIVE

Barb_K wrote at 2010-07-30 21:41:45
I think the song you are looking for is called "only The Strong Survive" Here are the lyrics if this helps.

I remember my first love affair

Somehow or another the whole darn thing went wrong

My mamma had some great advice

So I thought I'd put it into words of this song

I can still hear her sayin' it

Boy, Oh, I see you're sittin' out there all alone

Cryin' your eyes out 'cos the woman that you love has gone

Oh, there's gonna be, there's gonna be a whole lot of trouble in your life

Oh, so listen to me get up off your knees 'cos only the strong survive

That's what she said, only the strong survive

Only the strong survive,

Oh you've got to be strong, you'd better hold on

Don't go all around with your head hung down

Well I wouldn't let that little girl

No, I wouldn't let her know that she made me feel like a clown

There's a whole lot a girls lookin' for a good man like you

Oh but you'll never meet 'em if you give up now and say that your life is through

Yes she said: Only the strong survive, only the strong survive,

You've got to be a man, you've got to take a stand

Only the strong survive, only the strong survive,

Oh, you've got to be strong, you'd better hold on

'Cos only the strong survive

Well, you've got to be a man, you've got to take a stand

Only the strong survive, only the strong survive

Tom Widener wrote at 2013-01-08 20:06:26
The song Laura is looking for is "Only the Strong Survive" from the 69 Memphis Sessions.

Presley, Elvis

Cory Cooper