Presley, Elvis/Elvis and Priscilla Divorce

Hello. I was wondering if you caould tell me who left who? Ive read that Priscilla left ELvis for her karate insructor, Im not sure of his name but then i heard Elvis left anf filed for divorce. do you know what story is true? thanks

Hello there,

Priscilla was the one who left Elvis on 2/23/72. If it was for another man-she only knows that. She was involved with her Karate Instructor by the name of Mike Stone. Elvis then filed for Divorce in July of 1972. Their divorce was final on 10/9/1973. The remained very close friends until his death on 8/16/77.

"Our divorce came about not because of another man or another woman, but because of circumstances involving my career. I was gone too much." ~ Elvis Presley

Source: Peter Guralnick, Careless Love: The Unmaking of Elvis Presley

I hope I answered all of your questions :)

Presley, Elvis

Erin Durham

I have spent the majority of my adult life studying every aspect of Elvis Presleys life. I can answer questions about childhood, extended family, career, Memphis Mafia members, Priscilla, Linda Thompson, Ginger Alden, Sheila Ryan, Kathleen Selph,Ann-Margaret, etc. Also, the health of Elvis, Dr. Nick, personal preferences in women, anything about Graceland or any other homes he owned. Also medications he was prescribed, Favorite movies, actors, books. Basically anything other that prices/worth of Elvis memorabilia.

Extensive study of Elvis for 30+ years. Discussions with family members.

Elvis Presley Fan Club SC division, Compassionate Friends.

Author of "A Cross in His Pocket" 2008

Bachelors degree in History from The University of South Carolina 1994

graduated with honors from The University of South Carolina