Presley, Elvis/Graceland

Hello, I would like to know what year Elvis bought Graceland and how much he paid for it. ALso who lived there with him.

Thank you for your question. Elvis first looked at Graceland and property on 3/19/1957. He was quoted as saying that it was "just the thing" he was looking for and he put down a $1000 down payment on the home. On March 25th 1957, Elvis finalized his purchase of Graceland for $102,500. Elvis, along with his mother Gladys and father Vernon moved in on May 16th, 1957.

Thank you for your question.  

Presley, Elvis

Erin Durham

I have spent the majority of my adult life studying every aspect of Elvis Presleys life. I can answer questions about childhood, extended family, career, Memphis Mafia members, Priscilla, Linda Thompson, Ginger Alden, Sheila Ryan, Kathleen Selph,Ann-Margaret, etc. Also, the health of Elvis, Dr. Nick, personal preferences in women, anything about Graceland or any other homes he owned. Also medications he was prescribed, Favorite movies, actors, books. Basically anything other that prices/worth of Elvis memorabilia.

Extensive study of Elvis for 30+ years. Discussions with family members.

Elvis Presley Fan Club SC division, Compassionate Friends.

Author of "A Cross in His Pocket" 2008

Bachelors degree in History from The University of South Carolina 1994

graduated with honors from The University of South Carolina