Presley, Elvis/International

My question is why did Elvis travel and perform on other countries becuase he had fans all over the world not just the US?

Hi there,

Elvis played five concerts outside the US on a three-day tour in Canada in 1957. He most likely never toured abroad again was that his manager, Colonel Tom Parker, was an illegal immigrant from Holland and would have been deported if he applied for a US passport. Colonel Tom's real name was Andreas Cornelius van Kuijk.

Thanks for your question.  

Presley, Elvis

Erin Durham

I have spent the majority of my adult life studying every aspect of Elvis Presleys life. I can answer questions about childhood, extended family, career, Memphis Mafia members, Priscilla, Linda Thompson, Ginger Alden, Sheila Ryan, Kathleen Selph,Ann-Margaret, etc. Also, the health of Elvis, Dr. Nick, personal preferences in women, anything about Graceland or any other homes he owned. Also medications he was prescribed, Favorite movies, actors, books. Basically anything other that prices/worth of Elvis memorabilia.

Extensive study of Elvis for 30+ years. Discussions with family members.

Elvis Presley Fan Club SC division, Compassionate Friends.

Author of "A Cross in His Pocket" 2008

Bachelors degree in History from The University of South Carolina 1994

graduated with honors from The University of South Carolina