Presley, Elvis/Injections for medical use

Question
Hi Patrick,  

Firstly, I wish to say I really enjoyed Elvis Decoded, I have done so much reading and personal research-books and the net-and all the controversial information made me super skeptical about the events of Elvis's life and death.  All the information is overwhelming and alot of it is so confusing, with people twisting things, and spreading lies and making rumors.  I am almost converted to believing that Elvis really did in fact die, and that there was no mystery surrounding his death, but I do still have a couple of questions...  

1. Is it true that there weren't any injection sites on Elvis found during the autopsy, I have seen an image of the 'autopsy report' and there aren't any visible marks on his body apart from on his side, and his forehead-even though it is said he had to inject some pain medication?  

2. In your opinion, have the Presleys kept the full autopsy results from the world because it is deeply personal to them, or because of the fear that people's opinion of Elvis would change?
Wouldn't it be somewhat beneficial to give the full results to the public, so everyone would know once and for all?

3. Why don't the Presleys exhume Elvis so that everyone everywhere will know the truth??  I know they shouldn't have to, but don't you think it would end a heck of a lot of crap?

4. Larry Gellar on elvispresleybiograpgy.net states that when they found Elvis he had a book that he had gifted to him the day or so before he died clutched to his chest:  

"A few days before Elvis’ death, he had asked me to find a book for him, about the holy shroud in which Jesus’ body was wrapped: the Shroud of Turin. As always, I went to the Bodhi Tree Bookstore in Los Angeles and found what I thought would be the perfect book: The Scientific Search for the Face of Jesus. When they found his body, Elvis was clutching this book to his chest, close to his heart."

What happened to this book then, and why has no-one else ever mentioned this?  And, was Larry Gellar anywhere near Elvis's body that day to note this? And, in all his interviews he always seems to remember the exact, whole conversations between him and Elvis, word-for-word...I just don't see how this is possible??

5. In regards to Jesse Presley, the man who claims to be Elvis, did he ever get a dna sample done, and whatever happened to that woman that claimed she and Jesse had done dna samples and she claimed the results came back positive??

6. Why did the MBH keep samples of Elvis Presleys biopsy?

This following question is not really about Elvis per say, but Priscilla...I found on ebay,(yesterday) a jewellery box that apparently was given to Priscilla on Valentines Day 1967 from Elvis for sale, and the seller has said the item is authenticated as the original by a phone call by Priscillas agent...why the heck would she have given this away??  Why wouldnt she want to get it back, if not for her, for the memory of Elvis, for Graceland?

There are so many items apparently for sale that belonged to Elvis, or gifts that Elvis gave, his personal books,or Ginger Aldens ring...why would these people that were so close apart of Elvis's life get rid of these once treasured items?  

Thankyou very much for your time, and no matter what, Elvis was the BEST, he was a man, just a man like everyone else...he wanted the same things as everyone else, he wasn't immortal, it must have been a lonely existence at times, but he absolutely loved his fans!!

Rachael

Answer
Rachael-

Thanks for writing.  My answers to your questions are as follows:

Q1:  Is it true that there weren't any injection sites on Elvis found during the autopsy, I have seen an image of the 'autopsy report' and there aren't any visible marks on his body apart from on his side, and his forehead-even though it is said he had to inject some pain medication?  

A:  The “autopsy report” you refer to is actually the Medical Examiner’s report, which is a very simple document based on an initial visual examination, and not an actual autopsy.  As for injection marks, these types of visual marks are typically seen when someone is injecting medication/drugs in a specific area frequently, and presumably over a period of time.  Injecting one’s backside, for example, will not show visual injection marks if the person doesn’t inject there often.  And, if an injection is done well, by a trained medical technician, then marks could be even more difficult to find.  So the lack of visual marks could be chalked up to Elvis’s (lack of) frequency of receiving injections.

Q2:  In your opinion, have the Presleys kept the full autopsy results from the world because it is deeply personal to them, or because of the fear that people's opinion of Elvis would change?   Wouldn't it be somewhat beneficial to give the full results to the public, so everyone would know once and for all?

A:  My opinion is “both.”  The autopsy report is, by its very existence, a private document prepared for the Presley family, and as such no one outside the family has any right to view it.  On your second question, you are making a leap here that is faulty:  saying that if the Presley family released the autopsy report, “everyone would know once and for all,” suggests that as of today, we (the public) do *not* know once and for all, and that the cause of death is not what they (the powers that be, and EPE) have told us.  So to release the report would be EPE saying, “What we’ve told you previously isn’t true.”  There is also a misconception with these types of inquiries (Elvis’s cause of death, aliver theories, etc.) that the onus of proof is on Elvis’s estate, when in fact, the burden of proof is on those making claims that run counter to the official position.  To suggest that the estate release the autopsy report is tantamount to a burden of proof being on the estate, and that simply is not correct.  It is also tantamount to saying, “EPE, we don’t believe you.”  After all, they have taken charge of the cause of death question, and they control any information pertaining to the death that still exists.

Q3:  Why don't the Presleys exhume Elvis so that everyone everywhere will know the truth??  I know they shouldn't have to, but don't you think it would end a heck of a lot of crap?

A:  Whose crap is it?  The only crap I have ever seen is self-created by the aliver folks, and that crap is theirs to deal with, and only theirs.  The estate owes them nothing.  Note also, that if a close family member of yours died and someone questioned the death, you certainly would not exhume your loved one’s body just to prove what you’ve already said.  Taking this one step further, why would an exhumation be helpful for anyone?  I won’t go into the numerous issues such a situation would present, but no one on the family/EPE side would want to go through that.  (I will also note that you say, “…so that everyone…will know the truth.”  But in that question, you are saying that the estate is not telling the truth, and you do not know that for certain.)

Q4:  Larry Gellar on elvispresleybiograpgy.net states that when they found Elvis he had a book that he had gifted to him the day or so before he died clutched to his chest:  

A:  You would have to ask Larry about this, but my position is that the book on the Shroud of Turin was not the book Elvis as reading, or that he had in the bathroom, at the time of his death. Larry was not there to witness this.

Q5:  In regards to Jesse Presley, the man who claims to be Elvis, did he ever get a dna sample done, and whatever happened to that woman that claimed she and Jesse had done dna samples and she claimed the results came back positive??

A:  You can do research on Eliza Presley and read up on her various schemes.  The man they claim is “Jesse” did not have Elvis’s DNA to test against his own.  The entire Jesse thing is a 100% fraud and anyone who buys into it needs to step back and re-assess many, many things.

Q6:  Why did the MBH keep samples of Elvis Presleys biopsy?

A:  Can you clarify what you are asking here?  Are you referring to the 1973 and 1975 biopsy samples?

Q7:  This following question is not really about Elvis per say, but Priscilla...I found on ebay,(yesterday) a jewellery box that apparently was given to Priscilla on Valentines Day 1967 from Elvis for sale, and the seller has said the item is authenticated as the original by a phone call by Priscillas agent...why the heck would she have given this away??  Why wouldnt she want to get it back, if not for her, for the memory of Elvis, for Graceland?

A:  This would be a question for Priscilla.

Q8:  There are so many items apparently for sale that belonged to Elvis, or gifts that Elvis gave, his personal books,or Ginger Aldens ring...why would these people that were so close apart of Elvis's life get rid of these once treasured items?  

A:  This would be a question for those people.  However, I will add that if you had a close friend who gave you a jewelry box as a gift, and that friend happened to be a world-famous, beloved icon of immeasurable cultural importance, would you look at him/her as that icon, or as a friend?  Hopefully, as a friend.  And thus, the item/gift would not hold as much “value” to you as it would for, say, someone who would pay you $10,000 for it.  It might hold sentimental value for you, but not monetary value, and that is why some people sell items that belonged to Elvis or were given to them by Elvis.  Money.

Thanks for your kind words re: Elvis Decoded, I am glad you enjoyed it, and if you have any other questions, please feel free to write.
Patrick

Presley, Elvis

Patrick