Presley, Elvis/elvis presley's health condition

Question
Good evening Patrick, trust you are well.
It appears that theres been lots of untrue stories written since Elvis's death.
is this the case when it is reported that Elvis was forcibly given drugs by the darker forces at work in Elvis Presley's life, making it easier for such people to control him during his heavy work schedule?
P.S I have ordered a copy of "Elvis Decoded"

Answer
Kevin-

RE:  "It appears that theres been lots of untrue stories written since Elvis's death.
is this the case when it is reported that Elvis was forcibly given drugs by the darker forces at work in Elvis Presley's life, making it easier for such people to control him during his heavy work schedule?"

It is my belief that Elvis was not "forcibly" given drugs to keep him more compliant and easy to "manage."  That would require a level of cynicism that I have not reached, and on its face is extremely difficult to fathom in a "real world" scenario.  After all, Parker knew that Elvis had a drug problem, and given Parker's approach to Elvis's career and life outside "work," it is not unreasonable to believe that he (Parker) turned a blind eye to the drug use because it may have been easier for him to handle Elvis in a way that suited the only person that Parker was truly looking out for, i.e. Parker himself.  But I believe this to be a passive position by Parker, and not something concocted by him to keep Elvis "in line."  It's important to distinguish between the two.

I am not aware of anyone claiming that Elvis was "forcibly" given drugs, meaning against his will.  Can you cite this claim?

Hope this helps.
Thanks.
Patrick

Presley, Elvis

Patrick