Presley, Elvis/elvis questions

Question
Hi why is their a curtain at the top of the stairs if theire is only a wall behind it, it does give the impression theirs a door behind doesnt, it.
thanks

Answer
Hi, As you look up the main stair way at Graceland the curtain is pretty much just for decoration, on your left is the door leading down to the kitchen, (easy to understand if you have been through the house) There are a few doors covered with curtains though, As you come up from the basement into the den (jungle room) the original back door is covered with a curtain, you can have a peak as you go by, There is a small bedroom in the TV room facing the bar stools, restrooms etc & laundry cupboards etc
When you are in Graceland you really want to see upstairs & look aroud the corner to the locked door at the top of the stairs
Graceland is sometimes critisized as being small, but you have to remember your not seeing any of the upstairs, And if you can imagine living in Graceland if it was your home, wouldn't it be a nice size? Elvis had bigger homes but said you could get lost getting around in them, he liked Graceland, If anyone has been to large hotels in vegas they know it takes a long time to just go to your room and back, though we are talking about a smaller scale thats the feel elvis wanted, a home feel

Presley, Elvis

elvisgillies