Presley, Elvis/Elvis

Question
Hello I bought an Elvis scrapbook or picture album full of vintage Elvis photos.A lot of the photos are signed,was wondering how I can find out if they're the real thing.I also have 2 sheets of small Elvis pictures I have never seen.I will send you some photos tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

Lauretta

Answer
Hi Lauretta,

An Elvis Presley autograph is one of the most forged autographs out there. I would check with a trusted and professional Autograph or auction house like Sothebys. Elvis was a generous signer and there are a lot out there but he has an easy signature to fake. Some signatures, like on Elvis checks, might actually be one of his Bodyguards signing Elvis' name. One thing to look for is that Elvis usually had a space between the P and R in his last name.

I would try Roger Epperson at www.signedsealeddel.com he is a leading autograph authentication expert.

Thank you for the question.

Sincerely,
Cory Cooper
ElvisExpert@aol.com

Presley, Elvis

Cory Cooper