Presley, Elvis/Elvis Presley asthma

Question
QUESTION: Do you think that Elvis Presley had asthma his whole life ? and never showed it until the 1970's

ANSWER: Emily,

Asthma doesn't "wait" to show its symptoms.  If you're asthmatic, then the condition will rear its ugly head.  Elvis apparently suffered from breathing issues his entire life and once had to force a plane (not the Lisa Marie) to land due to breathing issues - but those particular issues at the time were caused by the drugs he was taking.  Also, certain drugs "depress" the CNS (Central Nervous System and they decrease your breathing ability.  Dilaudid, or synthetic morphine, which Elvis took on a daily basis has this kind of effect on the body.  

I hope this helps.

Take Care,
Tony Trout

QUESTION: Are you sure that he did'nt have asthma ? I saw  it on his facts

ANSWER: Emily,

Certain "facts" about Elvis have been proven otherwise over the years.  I feel like that if he had suffered with Asthma, it would have shown in his performances on stage or in his everyday life.

Hope that helps.

Take Care,
Tony Trout

QUESTION: Have you ever seen Elvis Presley pull a prank on Lamar Fike? because I saw Elvis use an oral inhailer

Answer
Emily,

As far as pulling pranks on Lamar? I think you're probably referring to the "Elvis On Tour" outtake footage from the afternoon of April 16, 1972 in Jacksonville, FL where they're in the dressing room and the size of the dressing room is so small that Lamar makes the comment, "John Wayne keeps his cuff links in a place like this!" and Elvis throws his glass of water on Lamar for making the comment (Elvis was a huge John Wayne fan).  The statement about the oral inhaler doesn't make sense to me.  Yes, Elvis used an inhaler before that show and also used it before the show in Little Rock, AR the next night (April 17, 1972).  He regularly just used it so he could breathe better even though certain guys around him smoked cigarettes like a freight train (meaning that they smoked constantly).

I hope that helps.

Take Care,
Tony Trout  

Presley, Elvis

Tony Trout