Printer mechanical problems/print

my friend has officejet 6500a and lately the printer will not print from computer. it will go into the queue thing but wont print. she can make print work from her phone but not printer. the printer show offline. is this how it should show? thanks

An offline printer indicates a communication error between the printer and the device you are trying to print from. This can be caused by a multitude of things but can usually be solved with some troubleshooting. If the printer is being used wirelessly I would recommend reconnecting it by this method first of all an ensuring all the relevant codes are 100% correct.

Failing that I would recommend following the relevant troubleshooting guide linked below. The process differs heavily depending upon the operating system so sadly there is no universal guide.

I hope this helps.

Printer mechanical problems

Matt Stevenson

Questions regarding inkjet/laser printers, whether they relate to specific problems or printers in general. I can also offer in-depth troubleshooting for a variety of issues relating to printer consumables and hardware.

I have been involved in the printer industry since I was 18 and have worked for a major UK retailer of printer consumables (Refresh Cartridges) since 2009. I also maintain the company blog and have written on a variety of technical issues. I have also spent time answerring printer related questions on FixYa and Yahoo answers recently. Examples of my answers can be found here or here

Other than my work with Refresh I do not belong to any other printer related organisations.

Our company blog here at Refresh Cartridges:

A Levels in English Literature and Media Studies