Printers/connecting printer

Question
QUESTION: Hi,
I have a HP color laser jet 4550N that I would like to use with my Windows 7 64 bit system. Is it possible and which driver should I use.

Thank you

ANSWER: it should be more than possible... windows 7 comes preloaded with a bunch of print drivers... use the add printer wizard... it should find the driver and install it once you have your printer connected via usb or ethernet cable.  For a tutorial on how to use windows 7 add printer wizard check http://copierneteye.com/?p=3788

Now a word on settings... and drivers... if the inbuilt driver doesn't work for you... go to hp and get universal drivers, windows 7 drivers if they have them, vista drivers if 7 is not around... or xp if nothing else is available.

Good luck....

QUESTION: Thank you Norman.

Everything went easily and without any trouble except the printer will not print even though the computer does not detect any trouble after I tried the troubleshooter.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks again, Kevin

Answer
then you are going to have to uninstall the printer driver and download drivers straight from the hp site... try every driver that will install, one by one... install a driver... test it... if it does not work uninstall it and then restart machine... about 4 to 5 hours of work...  if those do not work which they might not... then its a windows 7 64 bit problem... not something you or I can solve... thats the limit of my expertise... I would suggest asking this question of another expert on this forum... they may have other ideas... I doubt it... but in your situation... it could not hurt...  

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS