Printers/Epson CX 3900 inkjet

Question
Greetings,

I have two multi-function inkjet printers (model number above) of the same, originally one for main use, the other as backup.

The current problem is that the main printer (which I have compatible cartridges installed and working), started to go wrong in the space of a few days when we moved house. It showed a constant red light next to ink sign (incompatible cartridges). When I inserted the well preserved original cartridges, it also showed the red light.

My backup printer however accepted my compatible cartridges, no red lights and followed all commands. However, no ink is shown on the printing paper. Also, when i inserted the aforementioned original cartridges, a constant red light appeared...peculiar.  

Both printers have working scanner function. The latest printer driver is installed in the computer. v6.52

Looks like 2 separate problems, but now both printers are now scanner only.

Please help as soon as able.

Answer
STEP 1
test the cartridge...
buy new cartridges and try in both printers.... if they work then bad ink cartridge...

if both don't work then printhead is clogged... consult link below... note: not for the faint of heart but cheaper than replacing cartridge
http://adf.ly/Hyty8

I would try cleaning the printheads first... epson is known for clogged printheads...

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS