Printers/Printer Recommendation

I am interested in buying a laser printer for home use. I had an HPinkjet which I was dissatisfied with as the cartrige used to dry out.I have finalised two printers & want to choose one from them. They are
Canon Laser Shot - LBP 2900B Single Function Laser Printer and Canon Laser Shot - LBP6018B Single Function Laser Printer
Please guide me as to which one is better
Kind Regards

In all honesty I have never got my hand on a Canon LBP-6018B as it is not a model that is sold over here. However the Canon LBP-2900B is an excellent little machine. It does not have a huge range of features, but for a mono laser printer it is very recommendable. Reliable and relatively cheap to run. The only negative point that springs to mind is that it has quite a slow print speed.

I hope this helps in some small way.

Matt Stevenson

Questions regarding inkjet/laser printers, whether they relate to specific problems or printers in general. I can also offer in-depth troubleshooting for a variety of issues relating to printer consumables and hardware.

I have been involved in the printer industry since I was 18 and have worked for a major UK retailer of printer consumables (Refresh Cartridges) since 2009. I also maintain the company blog and have written on a variety of technical issues. I have also spent time answerring printer related questions on FixYa and Yahoo answers recently. Examples of my answers can be found here or here

Other than my work with Refresh I do not belong to any other printer related organisations.

Our company blog here at Refresh Cartridges:

A Levels in English Literature and Media Studies