Printers/Scanners

Question
How is the color accuracy of a scanner typically measured or graded, and what commercial use scanner would you recommend that determines colors as percisely as possible? I do have a scanner already, and would also like to determine if it is as accurate as possible just to make sure I don't necessarily need to get a new one.

Answer
what are you using your scanner to scan?
What kind of scanner do you have?
who manufactures it?
What industry are you using this scanner for?

These are the things that you need.  
Next you need to check what kind of machine is commonly used in your industry
Then you need to check the specifications sheet of your scanner and that scanner

what you are looking to compare is ppi thats resolution like a monitor... higher better sharper
depth... more depth more range of colors
density range... how well it picks up subtle changes shadow details and brightness details

and typically if you are talking about serious scanning... and I mean serious scanning you are talking about a fuji machine and they aren't cheap.  

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS