Printers/HP LaserJet P1505N

Question
This printer has a "Green Light" and won't print. It doesn't print a configuration page #Press GO button, wait to it blinks, and press GO again, Nada happens#. Network ports and network cable checked #swapped out# just to make sure. Won't print a test page even though no jobs are in the queue. You do eventually get an "error" on the test page print job which you can cancel & it deletes #under printer software driver control. If I were getting a combination of lights, then I could identify the problem. I know on my old HP LaserJet 1200 that finally died, it had a Green+Yellow Light which was a fatal error. So, it perplexes as to why this printer is not working and doesn't print and has a Green Ready Light. Any ideas for a solution?

Answer
question 1...

what is your operating system on your computer?

question 2

are you using usb or ethernet?

question 3

when you try to print are you printing from the tray?

when printing are you printing from the bypass?

try both...

question 4

when printing does the machine make noise like its trying to pull from the tray...?

when printing from bypass does machine make noise like its trying to pull paper...?

question 5

was the printer working and then stopped or is it a fresh purchase...???

question 6

does this problem occur with other computers?

question 7
does it occur when you plug it into other wall outlets...?

question 8
do the feed rollers look smooth and shiny or are they rough and not shiny?

please respond to the following questions and we can go further...  

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS