Printers/Samsung Laser Color Printer CLP-510

Question
Hi - I hope you can help. I just bought a nice laser color printer for a very good rate at a garage sale (Samsung Laser clp-510. I tried it out there, did a few copies and they came out great. But something must of happened in moving it as by the time I got it home the copies now all have a thin 3 color line (blue yellow- red) going across the copies about a quarter of the way down on the page. Do you have any idea what this is and what I might be able to do to get the line to go away.

I hope you can help
Karl

Answer
Ok.... here we go...
first things first....
these machines are nice in that all parts are supplies....
drum is a supply item... toner cartridge are supply items...
fuser is a supply item...
imaging unit is a supply item....

ok... next...
here is what I would do...
unplug machine...
unlatch the left cover...

remove toner.... remember the order you took them out in... and the slots are color coded...
next open the top cover...remove the imaging unit... look for line on the belt... with dry cloth clean it off... if it is there... and be gentle...

next remove drum unit... and with dry cloth clean it...

open front cover.... take out waste toner container... empty it carefully not near any carpets and anything light colored... the stuff can go pouf easily and with toner every where...  once emptied... we are on to the next step....

get a vacuum and vacuum out the empty cavity of the printer...

ok.... now reassemble... install waste toner cartridge.... then lock front cover...
install drum unit....
then install imaging unit...
then close top cover...
then install toner cartridges... noting the color coding...
close side cover...
plug in machine... get error toner cartridge missing... open left side cover and push said cartidge in a little tighter and close cover.... error goes away... everyone does it...

do a test print... and let me know what happens...

note if anything drops.... and keep the drum in a dark spot after cleaning it until reassembly... sunlight kills drums... drum is big cylinder...

good luck...

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS