Printers/buying a cartridge

Question
hi Norman, pleased to meet you!

I bought an HP tri-color  cartridge #17, from Amazon. The container shows that the cartridge can be used on a 840 and a 842 printer. No other numbers appear.
My question:  my printer is an 841C. Is it safe to use the cartridge or should I return it, since the box doesn't show the number 841?
I also bought a #15 black ink cartridge from Amazon, which is the companion to the #17 item. The box for the #15 cartridge DOES list the number 841!!.

So what should I do?

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Answer
when you shop on amazon for ink cartridges their is usually a table on the same page as the description that says "will this work in your printer?"
consult the table... for your hp 841c.... which I found in the table... and it is compatible... amazon provides this as a convenience...  

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS