Printers/Canon Ink Cartridges*

Hi Matt,
I have several Canon printers ip1600, ip1700 & ip1800 that uses ink cartridges 30/31/40/41, is it true that the 30/31 holds less ink ?

Hi John,

Thank you for the message, that is certainly the case. Whilst Canon aren't too open about the exact difference in terms of the ml of ink between the 2 cartridges, the PG-40 and CL-41 cartridges are indeed higher capacity cartridges. You'd probably expect to have in the region of 50% more ink in the PG-40 and CL-41 and its usually for only a few dollars extra, so it is definitely worth the investment in the larger cartridges.

I hope this helps.

Matt Stevenson

Questions regarding inkjet/laser printers, whether they relate to specific problems or printers in general. I can also offer in-depth troubleshooting for a variety of issues relating to printer consumables and hardware.

I have been involved in the printer industry since I was 18 and have worked for a major UK retailer of printer consumables (Refresh Cartridges) since 2009. I also maintain the company blog and have written on a variety of technical issues. I have also spent time answerring printer related questions on FixYa and Yahoo answers recently. Examples of my answers can be found here or here

Other than my work with Refresh I do not belong to any other printer related organisations.

Our company blog here at Refresh Cartridges:

A Levels in English Literature and Media Studies