Printers/I need some clarification

What is the difference b/w Hp deskjet 2010 - k010 and Hp deskjet 2010 - k010a? and Which is best?

'HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2010 (K010)' is used by HP to describe a series of printers rather than a specific model. However as far as I am aware this series currently only consists of one printer which is the 'HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2010 (K010a)'. The "a" prefix being the part that identifies the specific model.

HP group printers into a series in this manner as the drivers and software are usually universal across the series.

Hope this helps. If any points need clarification or I have not explained myself clearly, please do let me know.

Matt Stevenson

Questions regarding inkjet/laser printers, whether they relate to specific problems or printers in general. I can also offer in-depth troubleshooting for a variety of issues relating to printer consumables and hardware.

I have been involved in the printer industry since I was 18 and have worked for a major UK retailer of printer consumables (Refresh Cartridges) since 2009. I also maintain the company blog and have written on a variety of technical issues. I have also spent time answerring printer related questions on FixYa and Yahoo answers recently. Examples of my answers can be found here or here

Other than my work with Refresh I do not belong to any other printer related organisations.

Our company blog here at Refresh Cartridges:

A Levels in English Literature and Media Studies