Printers/carriage jam

Question
I have an hp 4280 printer. There is an error for a carriage jam. I went through all the steps in the hp video. The problem persists. I noticed that there is a small lever to the right of the cartridges which stops the cartridges before they get into their rightmost position. When I push the lever back the printer works until the next printing job. Sometimes the lever goes back when I open and close the front door of the printer. Is there a solution to this problem?

Answer
I am going to sound cold... but these are the facts...deal with it or buy another printer... if this is an inkjet printer... the only parts available for it are the covers... inks and printhead... thats it... if its broken... you can't fix it... you can try and jerry rig it but the parts... well... the parts aren't out there... if you try to repair it... at a print shop... it will cost as much as buying another printer if not more...  

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS