You are here:

Printers/About Printer Clicking sound.

Advertisement


Question
Hi there Norman,

I have a HP DeskJet F4480 Printer that is about 4 years old. And my problem is I hear a clicking sound when I turn the printer on, and when it starts to print. It prints, o.k., fine. But, what is that clicking sound? And is there anything that I can do myself to stop that clicking sound? Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Martin C. Meyer


Answer
If this is a hp inkjet printer... you will probably only be able to find the covers and the print head for purchase... if there is any mechanical problems... there is an 80% chance it is not repairable... I leave 20% for the ingenuity of the tech who would find a way... finding a way is expensive since the parts probably don't exist on the market and would have to be special made... now concerning what I think the clicking could be... its either a cracked gear... or a loose spring...  

Printers

All Answers


Answers by Expert:


Ask Experts

Volunteer


NORMAN DAVIS

Expertise

QUESTIONS REGARDING PRINTING, SCANNING AND NETWORKING OF COPIERS, PRINTERS, SCANNERS, MULTIFUNCTION PRINTERS AND FAX MACHINES.

Experience

5+ YEARS SURVEYING, INSTALLING, NETWORKING AND TRAINING STAFF ON COPIER NETWORK ISSUES AND RESOLUTIONS

Publications
HTTP://FREECOPIERSUPPORT.COM

Education/Credentials
KYOCERA CERTIFIED COPIER TECHNICIAN

©2016 About.com. All rights reserved.