Printers/Epson Workforce 645 AIO (Wireless) Scanning Feature still not right

Question
Epson WF 645 Error Message
Epson WF 645 Error Mes  
QUESTION: Mr. Davis,
You've been trying to assist me with my printer issue: my original Q&A was entitled "Epson Workforce 645 AIO (Wireless setup) Scanning Function Not Working for 1 computer in household"

As you suggested: I uninstalled and deleted all epson related apps and docs... I have everything listed as Epson as "allow" on the firewall settings... Macbook #1 continues to be ABLE to PRINT... but NOT SCAN (including unable to open the scan app).  As I mentioned before, it used to scan, now it doesn't and I have fresh software directly from the site for the OS 10.5.8 that Macbook #1 has.

Very frustrated, by all rights it should work. :-(  It doesn't make sense to me that 1 of the 2 macs that were previously A-OK is all of a sudden not connecting right... to my way of thinking: if something was wrong with a mac (w/ 10.5.8) being set up to it, then BOTH macs should be having issues.

Hope you can still help.

Attached is a screen capture of the error message that started my pleas for assistance.

BTW...Macbook #2 and the Windows & machine are still able to print/scan.

ANSWER: try this look in the Startup Items tab of the Accounts System Preferences.

If there is any Epson application there, such as Scan Monitor, delete it. Do this for each user account on the mac os x.

Then try scanning...

QUESTION: I deleted the only Epson looking application on the list in the Login Items ... even though it was listed but UNchecked.  Restarted and attempted to scan. No luck. Same error message. Even turned off the airport, restarted and turned on the airport again. all machinery (computers and printer) are listed as being connected via the same wireless internet access. *sigh*

Is something else we can try?
On each individual computer, should I make sure the printer is on shared or not shared?  Macbook #2 doesn't seem to care if it is shared or not... maybe Macbook#1 does? I currently have it UNchecked for shared, although previously it WAS on shared.

ANSWER: I have tried everything that I know... the best I can do is refer you to the link below... at that forum they seem to have luck solving issues with epson mac scanning errors http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=62193

QUESTION: thank you. I do appreciate all you've done. One last question, if you could indulge me... how do I find out if in fact Macbook#1 and the Epson are on the same network.  We were assuming we were since it could print, but maybe something is fishy where the scanning connection is concerned.

Answer
if you are scanning through usb... then that is not an issue... if you are scanning via tcp/ip wired or wireless... it shouldn't make a difference if you can print... concerning scanning what you have to verify is that your dns on the scanner matches the dns on your mac via the link below

http://kb.mit.edu/confluence/display/istcontrib/How+to+check+DNS+settings+on+Mac

now concerning the dns for your epson, you will have to check the network setup in your manual to see how to get to it...

Here is the online manual
http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/wf545_/wf545_ug/index.html

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS