Printers/New Printer

Question
QUESTION: I have a rather old printer/scanner which I'm told is pretty inefficient with ink, and I've noticed after the 20th print only, these days the ink start to run. What commercial printer/scanner would you suggest for good document and color printing and accurate scanning? In the long run I'd like to save a lot more money on ink.

ANSWER: What model is the printer?  Who manufactured it?

QUESTION: Well my current printer/scanner is Pictbridge Vivera HP, or something like that.

ANSWER: hp typically sells the covers to ink jet printers and thats about it.   So your best bet is to replace it.  Your best bet is to buy a brother machine and maintain your warranty.  Ink machines are intended to bleed you dry of cash... you might try a toner based machine like a laser printer but whichever way you go buy a brother and maintain your warranty.

QUESTION: What is the difference between an ink machine and a laser printer? Don't they both use ink? What is a brother machine? Is that the manufacturer?

Answer
toner cartridge are typically rated for how many thousand prints they will give...
ink cartridges typically rated on the hundreds of prints they will give...

You need to check out the  specifications for the machine that you are interested in to get a better idea of what I am talking about...

Brother is a manufacturer of printers...

Also, ink machines use ink.. and run cold... they bleed toner to the page and stain it... while toner machines use toner and run hot... they burn the toner to the paper...

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS