Printers/printer will not print in color using Word 2010

Question
QUESTION: hi Norman, pleased to meet you.

I have two computers, connected via a Cisco router. They both work well.
The older one uses Word 2003 and Windows XP.
The new one uses Word 2070, Word 2010 and Windows 7.

Printing has been OK as well, until now! Using a file of several colored texts in Word 2010, the printer will not print in any color but black.
When I printed the same file in Word 2003 on the other computer, all colors were printed.

What's going on, and what do I need to do to fix the problem?

Your advice is appreciated.

Chris

ANSWER: what model printer and what year did you buy it... ???

QUESTION: thanks for your prompt reply, Norman

The printer is an HP841C, over 13 years old, and works just fine. 'Never had a problem with it.

Since my last email, I found that Word 2007, the other software on the newer computer,also will result in only black print-out for a file that has other colors as well.

Is it reasonalble to suggest that I should re-install the two Word editions?

Thanks

Chris

Answer
Many of the older hp printers have limited abilities on windows 7 and mac os x.  Sadly, I believe that your printer might fall in that category.  Search the hp site for a windows 7 driver.  If the windows 7 printer driver fails to provide the desired effect then there is no correction that will atleast until either windows 7 comes out with a patch or hp recognizes the problem.  

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS