Printers/How to Set Up Fax Machine with Wireless Router

Question
QUESTION: Hello, I am having troubles sending and receiving faxes. There is a dial tone and I printed out fax test results and it was stated that everything PASSED but faxes are still not being sent and received. Currently, the fax's phone line is connected from the fax's Line 1, directly into the computer's jack.  I am running Windows XP and have an HP Photosmart 7520 all-in-one. I researched and read that the fax machine has to be plugged directly into the wall's phone jack. However, my phone jack is being used by my AT&T wireless router. So, how do I get this fax machine set up with the wall's phone jack being used by another device (wireless router)? Do I need to purchase a phone jack splitter?

Thank you so much for your time and assistance. I look forward to hearing back from you.

ANSWER: You need an inline dsl filter... if your using the same jack for router and fax

or you could use the same filter on another phone jack in your home... the filter plugs in the phone jack and the fax line plugs in the filter

DSL FILTER LINK
http://adf.ly/VNp2h

QUESTION: Why do I need a DSL filter?

Answer
so you can plug your fax line directly into the phone jack that is currently being used you your att wireless router... the router and the fax will share the line... the fax will use the fax signal set and the router will use the internet information data set... both ride the same signal... the dsl filter splits the two... data sets...

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS