Printers/Cannon PIXMA MX300

Question
I'm trying to change ink cartridges in my printer, but the cartridges wont stay to the left for me long enough for me to do it. What should I do?

Answer
I am a tech and from time to time I have trouble with ink cartridges... sometimes the instructions do not work... what I would try is

1.  open the printer and see if the cartridges holder is free moving if it is not... then I would plug the machine out and plug it back in... with the cartridge holder area open... the cartridge should start moving around... once it is in the area I want... I plug the machine out... if it is free moving... then I put my cartridge or cartridges in and lock the cartridge holder.... all done...  all machines have unique keys to unlock the cartridge from the right or the left depending on where the docking is... sometimes those work... sometimes not... but the method I just gave you should work almost all the time...

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS