Printers/HP Ink System Failure Photosmart Plus

Question
Hello, Mr. Davis. Glad to meet you. I have recently purchased an HP Photosmart Pus B209a-m all-in-one printer from a thrift store. The Touch Smart LCD will light up, but no icons, and it will only say Ink System Failure Oxc19a0020. Immediately went to numerous websites to correct problem, and I even submerged the printhead in hot for the specified 5 minutes, and I still get the same error on the LCD. The device only cost me $10'00 and the ink cartridges cost $8.00 for the whole 4-pack. Should I throw it away, by a new printhead, or hold on to it? I can't operate the Touch Smart at all. No icons. Thank you.

Answer
the machine cost you $10... the printhead costs you $80... for $80 you could buy a little brother machine... if it was me... I would keep working on the printhead for a day... there may be a lot of gunk in there... after I am sure all the gunk is out... then I would check one of the sites that you went to for the cleaning and try the reset that they suggest... if that doesn't work then junk it... consider it a lesson learned...

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS