Printers/HP j3680 Printing Woes.

Question
Hello, Mr. Davis. I have had the printer since 2010. My HP Officejet j3680 all in one printer is now printing very very slowly. In the early years, the device was slow anyway, but now with my Linux Mint 16 Petra Cinnamon OS, a copy of any kind will take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour. And sometimes a cartridge error would interfere with the printing and flash a caution light. It's a wired device and it has no ethernet port. Would an Airlink 101 wireless print server hasten the device's printing function? And if not, do you know what would work? Thank you very much, sir.

Answer
first possibility is that one or all cartridges are low on ink...
testing..buy a new set of cartridges and install them...

if speed picks up... then cartridges are bad...

if speed does not pick up then main board is bad in printer... replace printer... cheaper to replace than fix...

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS