Printers/Printer replacements.

Question
Do you by chance know the average frequency of buying of a new personal printer? My Canon printer cost $140 or so at the time and lasted 13 months (one month past warranty) before photos came out blurred after all known cleaning methods. How often do most people replace their old printer?

Also do all ink cartridges have the reset button on them in case they appear to be giving an inaccurate level reading? My Canon ones don't seem to have an obvious place for one assuming it has one.

Answer
if its a small desktop printer that gets light use it could last for years... if your printer died after a year... you may need to upgrade to a more expensive model... most people upgrade to a cheap laser printer because they don't have the issues that ink jets have... they can sit forever and are just as good when the come out of storage as when they went it.. also they dont have ink dry out problems... but they do have roller wear... and other maintenance cost associated with use....

concerning the ink reset... give me the make and model and I will do some research...

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS