Printers/error code C000 on Canon MX870

Question
QUESTION: Norman,

I was changing a cartridge on my printer and left the lid up for about 10 minutes.  When I loaded the cartridge and closed the lid an error message came up: C000.  The cartridge holder will not move now and the lights that come on when you insert a cartridge also do not come on.  I have removed the cartridges and cleaned the brass connectors, cleaned inside the printer, turned the printer off and removed the power cable.
Ron

ANSWER: try the solution at the following link
http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/What-is-error-co

printer
printer  
QUESTION: Norman,

I have already seen this site and did everything.  The paper gets stuck just as it begins to print.  When I open the lid the paper is bunched up and the cartridge holder is stuck to the left.  I've attach a photo.

ANSWER: looks like the fuser isn't spinning... You need to trace the paper to exactly where its getting stuck... if its getting stuck by the hot rollers then thats the fuser and chances are the gears the turn it are broken... if the gears are broken then you need to replace the fuser... if you are not skilled to do that then contact a service center and have them look at it and give you an estimate... with any luck its just stuck paper and they will take care of it for a small charge...

inside printer
inside printer  
QUESTION: Norman,

I've can't find any paper stuck inside the printer.  I've attached a photo of the inside.  I can't seen any broken gears.  Where is the fuser?  Is there a repair manual or any info that I can get on the internet to repair the printer?

Thanks, Ron

Answer
my apologies, this model does not have a fuser... it uses wet ink that quick dries... these printers are more expensive to repair than to replace.  if you cannot find an issue... your best bet is to take it to a technician in your area and get an estimate on repair.... I can practically guarantee it will be cheaper to replace than fix... but there are the odd moments when I am wrong... if you search around online you will find a manual but you will need to tear the machine down to the frame to find the paper and clean it up... cheaper on your mind and body to take to a tech

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS