Printers/epson ink cartridges

Question
my epson printer uses 200-1 cartridges.....can i use 200 cartridges? i was told that i could at the store where i bought one. i have not opened the packaging yet,and would like to know,in case i need to return it.
also, a cartridge refill store told me that i could use one of their brands which would be compatible with my printer. i bought it and it is not....it is a black cartridge and the black does not work when i try to print......

Answer
get the model of your printer cartridge.... then goto amazon.com and type it in... it should pull up a little menu by the "make sure it fits" comment at the top of your screen... do a quick check on your brand series and model and it will tell you if it fits

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS