Printers/Canon Pixma MP160 error 27

Question
This printer has error 27 - ink waste full. I have cleaned it out but am failing to reset the error using all the instructions I can find. I can get into service mode but the number 0 does not appear unless I press resume. And the power light stays green while the error light flashes in groups of 3. Pressing resume 4 times is supposed to clear the error but it does not and any number of presses seems to have no effect. Most instructions say the light should flash green and orange as resume is pressed but it stays green.
I have tried using Mptool but it only works when the printer is in low level mode and then the waste reset buttons are greyed out.

Answer
here is a video on how to reset the code 27...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHy4d7PlKaE

if it does not work then chances are the ink waste toner container is actually full... then you have to price out repairing the printer as to replacing it... at that point the good money is on replacing printer...

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS