Printers/Magenta won`t print

Question
QUESTION: Hi. I have an Epson XP-410 ink jet printer. The ink sat in it for several months while the printer went unused. Magenta ink will not print. I did numerous software-initiated head cleanings and nozzle checks, but no magenta ink comes out. I also replaced the ink cartridge, with no change.

I am well-versed with technical aspects of printers. Do you have any advice? Is there something I could clean manually with alcohol or ...?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

ANSWER: You know how to clean the printhead and nozzles... check the link below to refresh

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/415475/Epson-Xp-200.html?page=128

ok... so you are still having the same issue...
check the link below for what's really going on...
(note: buy nothing)

now try the following...  see link below
(note: douse the paper towel with rubbing alcohol...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZYFtPgpzZ4

QUESTION: I did theses steps. After letting the paper towel with rubbing alcohol sit overnight, I waited a bit and repeated software-initiated head cleaning and nozzle check. There are the barest hints of magenta on the nozzle check patter (small segment of one line), and black is also only partially printing.

Should I repeat this procedure?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. What is your email address for PayPal donation? The link did not work for me.

ANSWER: yep... keep doing it...  here is the deal... when you run the cleaning... the machine cleans but the ink just sits there and drys on the head... so if it works... it will eventually get bad again... best bet is to keep doing the alcohol and papertowel bit... you are trying to get out the dried ink built up in the printhead... its going to take a couple of applications...

paypal email is n25an@aim.com
if that does not work try n25an@netscape.net

QUESTION: I did the cleaning routine with rubbing alcohol a number of times. After letting the head dry for hours, I ran the software head cleaning and nozzle test. Now it does not print any lines of any color. This is with mostly new ink cartridges.

What would you advise?

Answer
here is the issue... you can not take the print head out... running software initiated cleaning will eventually cause printhead to clog... it just will... your only option is the manual cleaning with the paper towel and rubbing alcohol... if after doing just the manual cleaning a number of times it stops printing all colors then that means that the ink is really caked in the printhead... try the manual cleaning some more... if that does not work then you are going to need a new printer... just don't buy another epson... this printhead thing is a known issue with them...

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS