Printers/Canon IR2210

Question
Hi Norman,
I have a Canon IR2270 copier & it is displaying an error code of E000000-0000. Before the error code appeared the ink on our copies would rub off some. I did follow the reset instructions on the touchscreen to clear out the error code but it came back on the screen. Please advise. Please & Thank you.

Answer
if you are printing and sometimes the ink rubs off then the cheapest thing for you to do is call a tech out to check the issue... it could be as simple as a loose cable or as bad as a fuser... when the tech is there... find out what the issue is... if its a board or a cable and have him demonstrate how to take out the board thats bad or the fuser unit thats bad... then buy what you need and install it yourself...

I am leaning towards a bad fuser... they can be rebuilt... taken apart, old parts removed and new parts put in... or just replaced...

If I were you... I would buy a new one... but only after the tech confirms...

in a case like this its best to get an onsite tech who specializes in canon...

Heck I have seen cases where a piece of paper stuck in the fuser caused this error...

so get the onsite tech... its worth it...

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS