Printers/Windows 10 issue with scanner

Question
QUESTION: I just bought a computer with Windows 10 and now my scanner won't work. I had been using a Canon imageclass MF4570, which prints, copies and scans. My older computer had no problem using all 3, but when I switched Pcs the scanner option stopped working, even though I installed the driver with all updates. I can't get the Office scanning utility to communicate with my machine. I've heard this is a common problem with windows 10. Is there something I can do before giving up and buying a new flatbed scanner to use separately?

ANSWER: first try enabling your program to scan through windows firewall
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/communicate-through-windows-firewall#

If that does not work then try to run the program in compatibility mode
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-w

If you are doing scan to smb...
open your firewall sorry turn off your firewall
all your antivirus
malware programs
see if it works...
if scanning works then one of those is the issue...
turn them on one by one...
turn something on try scanning
good...
turn something else on... try and see if it fails... if it fails then thats your next area of research...

if this does not work then your next step is to contact the manufacturer
ask the following...
is there any way to get your model of copier working with windows 10...
if not is there a model they can recommend???

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-laser-printers-imageclass/imageclass-mf4570dn

Why?
windows 10 is beta ware...
Its best to know if there are any special updates needed for your machine... such as firmware...
and if not then if there is a special scanner that they know for sure works with windows 10...

Most IT people wont even touch windows 10....
They stick to windows 7...
Me included...

good luck...

QUESTION: Can I delete Windows 10 and install WIndows 7 on this computer? If so, how can I do this? I really hate this new windows but the pc came with it when purchased.

Answer
sure you can...

a couple of things to note...

1.  microsoft is forcing mandatory windows 7 to 10 upgrade via windows updates...
2.  you need to check the website to make sure all the drivers are there... if not you might need a tech at your location to help with the downgrade and to see if there is anyway to block the windows 10 upgrade...
3.  its possible the store you bought it from will do it for free... (but if they do ask them about the windows 10 mandatory update to see if it can be blocked...)

Printers

NORMAN DAVIS