Printing, Bookbinding & Paper making/End sheets and pastedown

Question
Hello - I have several old early 1900's books that have some issues like torn endsheet with lots of foxing - My problem is getting a close paper match with what other pages in the book - The pastedown and endsheet need replacing - So i am having trouble finding any -- The origional pastedown and endsheet were white but being so old they have sort of browned or creamy white look about them - Do you have anywhere i might find paper which has that old toned look? Thanks Gary

Answer
Hi Gary,
Have you considered getting a papermaker to match the papers? I see you are in Ohio, you could contact the Morgan conservancy paper facility in Cleveland, they have a website so if you google them you should be able to get an answer. Another possibility would be to use dye or pigment to colour new paper to match the old. Many people use tea and coffee to do this but you might prefer to use something that won't alter the pH.
Best wishes
Gail

Printing, Bookbinding & Paper making

Gail Stiffe