Private Investigations and Personal Security/the best and quickest way to beat trained killers!!!

Question
QUESTION: DEAR MR.MACYOUNG.A MATE OF MY GOT INTO A FIGHT WITH SOME ARMY PERSONAL IN A STRIP CLUB. HE IS A HARD MAN AND NEVER LOOKS FOR TROUBLE . BUT ON THIS NIGHT IT FOUND HIM AND EVEN THOUGH HE FOUGHT WELL HE WAS NO MATCH AND WAS HURT BADLY AND NEARLY KILLED. HOW DO YOU BEAT TRAINED KILLERS? AND WHAT  STYLE DO YOU LEARN TO EVEN HAVE A CHANCE !!! PLEASE CAN I GET YOUR THOUGHTS AND ADVICE ON THIS SUBJECT. I KNOW FROM YOUR BOOKS YOUR THE REAL THING AND YOU  WON'T WASTE MY TIME OR TALK SHIT !!! THANK-YOU SIR FOR YOUR TIME. REGARDS FROM AUSTRAILA. BEST WISHES LUKE

ANSWER: Short answer to the question of 'how do you beat trained killers?' -- you don't.

Any one of them would be tough enough to take out alone, in a group. Ferrget it.

Let's do the math. Hypothetically, it takes 100% to 'win' against a guy who is well trained. Most people only fight around 50% because they are afraid of getting hurt. In those cases 'victory' goes to the guy who has the highest percentage (say 60%). Against someone who knows what he is doing though, you need that 100% to even be in the game. And since he's probably doing 100% too, it's a crapshoot at the best of times.

Now what about 3 of them? That means combined, they bring 300% to the game. Even if they don't go full out you're still in deep trouble (e.g. even at 50%, their sum total is 150 against your 100). You simply cannot muster enough 'juice' to take out three trained guys all-at- once-and-by-yourself. If you try, you're going to end up like your friend.

Have I gone up against multiple opponents? Yes. But ONLY because a) I really did have absolutely no choice, b) they weren't all committed to getting me and c) they weren't all equally trained and competent. In short I got away with it because I knew that in THOSE circumstances I had a slim chance.

Your friend 'engaged' in a situation where he had NO chance. Hell, I would have run from/backed down/talked my way out of it/called for reinforcements in those same circumstances.

Your friend found himself in a 'no win' situation and he went forward anyway. That's why he got hurt. No win situations exist and anyone who tells you that they have a way to WIN such a situation is lying to you to get your money.

QUESTION: Mr.Macyoung.Do you know  What styles of hand to hand combat are used by Armed forces? And what is the best all round unarmed combat?

Answer
The answer is it depends. Many branches have developed their own mixed martial art style that they train personnel in.

However, you're confusing the results with the process (not the same thing). The concept you are missing was summed up best by a Marine Drill Instructor when he said (about the grappling program the recruits were undergoing) "We don't expect them to fight at this range. What we are instilling in them is the willingness to fight at ANY range."

Keep that in mind as I tell you the following. There is NO 'magic bullet' fighting style that does everything for you. Those military guys went through intensive months of total immersion of learning how to fight AS A GROUP -- under ALL conditions. In a very real sense they were 'brain washed' into being fighters. As such their willingness and commitment to fighting was brought forth, groomed and channeled.

I tell you this because most of what I've seen taught as military hand-to-hand combatives is pretty generic. What makes it work is their willingness to use it and aggressiveness. With those components they can defeat most poorly trained fighters. Which incidentally is EXACTLY what most MMA and so-called combative systems rely on.

Now you're asking which commercially available system will instill in you the same things as being in boot camp? The answer is none. You can't buy that kind of brainwashing. And NO training will instill the willingness to fight within you. That needs to come from inside you, you don't just pick it up at the local store. That is the biggest lie that these guys promote that if you study Big-Dick-Do (read if you give them your money) you'll automatically develop into a mighty warrior that can defeat anyone. That's complete and utter BS. There are NO guarantees in a fight at anytime. Things go wrong. Things that you've relied on fail. And of course there is always the possibility of just running into a better fighter or multiple opponents.

That's why I answered your first question with "You don't." Stop looking for the magic bullet that is going to work for everything. It doesn't exist. Violence and fighting IS DANGEROUS! If you are going to play, you're going to have to accept that sooner or later you're going to lose and get hurt -- no matter how good you are. That's the reality of the subject.

Oh yeah, the only way to "WIN" in those kinds of situations is to be part of the pack attacking someone.

Private Investigations and Personal Security