Private Investigations and Personal Security/restraining orders on private investigator

If a private investigator were to have a restraining order put on him due to a child custody case backfiring (even if most of the allegations can be proven bogus), does the restraining order keep the P.I. from practicing?

I would need to know the specific language of the restraining order, however, I find it hard to believe that any restraining order would be so broadly proscribed as to prevent him from practicing his profession. Generally a restraining order would prohibit him from performing any actions regarding a specific case, not the general practice of his profession.

If you can send me a copy of the language of the restraining order, I can give you some more specific opinion on the matter.

Nic Smith

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Nichols (Nic) J. Smith

I can answer almost any question with regards to the individual state laws concerning private investigators; best practices and procedures used in private investigations;how to determine if the agency or investigator you are contemplating using is sufficiently qualified to do the work and if an investigation was conducted in accordance with the standards of practice and care used in the professional investigative industry. I can also direct you with regards to doing your own research in certain situations, such as finding someone who owes you money. I can steer you through the database "minefield" with regards to which databases contain useful information and which don't. I can also advise regarding the kind of information that you can legally obtain and what's not legal.

Life Fellow- American College of Forensic Examiners

Morgan Lewis and Brockius (Int'l Law firm) Sedgwick, Detert (Int'l Law Firm) Bingham McCutheon (Int'l Law Firm