Private Investigations and Personal Security/federal inmate


i know someone who has been released from federal prison. i went to a website and it said they were released. i already know that. i have their prison ID number and name but i want to know what they did. how can i find this out online? i can't "ask them" what they did. Thank you.

The Federal Government website for Civil and Criminal filings is called PACER,, however you have to be a registered user to utilize this website.

Why don't you just give me the subject's name and ID # and I'll run it for you?



Private Investigations and Personal Security

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Nichols (Nic) J. Smith


I can answer almost any question with regards to the individual state laws concerning private investigators; best practices and procedures used in private investigations;how to determine if the agency or investigator you are contemplating using is sufficiently qualified to do the work and if an investigation was conducted in accordance with the standards of practice and care used in the professional investigative industry. I can also direct you with regards to doing your own research in certain situations, such as finding someone who owes you money. I can steer you through the database "minefield" with regards to which databases contain useful information and which don't. I can also advise regarding the kind of information that you can legally obtain and what's not legal.


Awards and Honors
Life Fellow- American College of Forensic Examiners

Past/Present Clients
Morgan Lewis and Brockius (Int'l Law firm) Sedgwick, Detert (Int'l Law Firm) Bingham McCutheon (Int'l Law Firm

©2017 All rights reserved.