Private Investigations and Personal Security/federal inmate


i know someone who has been released from federal prison. i went to a website and it said they were released. i already know that. i have their prison ID number and name but i want to know what they did. how can i find this out online? i can't "ask them" what they did. Thank you.


The only thing that you can do other than hiring a private detective and spending money is to write a letter under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).  Using your web browser go to The U.S. Department of State at:  Read the forms and follow the guidelines.

Best of luck.


Private Investigations and Personal Security

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jeffrey Hauck


I would welcome the opportunity to answer questions about the business operations, duties, and ethics of the modern professional private detective/private investigator.


Criminologist. Professor of Criminal Justice. Licensed Private Detective with expansive clientele base encompassing hundreds of cases. Donates resources and time to the Children's Rescue Network in Orlando, FL.

Associate of Science; Bachelor of Arts; Master of Science, Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree.

©2017 All rights reserved.