Private Investigations and Personal Security/Private Security

Hi, i was wondering how to get into Private security contracting. i am in Austin Texas and would like to be used for cooperate Security. The only problem i run into is that i am not Former Military. My father and most of my family were in the service, and i shoot everyday, and i shot in competition and have my level III commission license. I wouldn't mind taking extra tests and courses to do it, but i don't know where to get started.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Find out what the laws in your state are for carrying a weapon for security services and find out if you need a private detective license to sell your services.  Telephone all of the security companies in your area and see if they are hiring.  If you want to conduct security on your own then take out an ad in your local newspaper.  More than anything else network with security professionals in your area by joining local organizations or national organizations with a local presence.

Best of luck.

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Jeffrey Hauck

I would welcome the opportunity to answer questions about the business operations, duties, and ethics of the modern professional private detective/private investigator.

Criminologist. Professor of Criminal Justice. Licensed Private Detective with expansive clientele base encompassing hundreds of cases. Donates resources and time to the Children's Rescue Network in Orlando, FL.

Associate of Science; Bachelor of Arts; Master of Science, Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree.