Private Investigations and Personal Security/Quick Question

Hello Claude,
    I live in Las Vegas, NV and I have a small business and I do background checks from time to time. The problem that I have been noticing is that the results are very vague. I also believe most of these internet background check providers all use the same "Database" yet they all charge diferent prices. Can you give me an idea of a reputable service on the internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards-Skyler

Unfortunately, you are out of luck unless you become a Licensed private Investigator or have permissible purpose to have access to better information. (IE-Attorney, Insurance company, etc.). The only information you will get without credentials is un protected public information. Which, if you were really good at background checks and knew where to look, you would realize that you could locate the information for free.

What you are paying for is for them to compile the information in a database for you. The more information they have in the database, the more you will pay regardless of the quality or when the data was collected.

As a licensed Private Investigator, we use 3 or 5 real databases and we still cross reference the data to determine the consistencies & inconsistencies. Each data provider has their strengths and weaknesses. Some of there data is updated every 30 days, some every 3 months, etc. etc. Some get there information from different sources and some dataproviders have outdated information, when in some cases is what you are looking for.
For a PI, all information is good, but not always needed. As they say, "It is better to have and not need, then need and not have".

Hope that helps...

Best regards,

Claude Ammons -QM
Email addy. -
Alpha & Omega Foundation Enterprises Inc. DBA...

Corinthian Group/P.I. # 23070

517 N. Mountain Ave. # 118

Upland, Ca 91786

Toll Free # (877) OUR-EYEZ = 687-3939

Bus. # (909) 931-3595  Fax # (909) 923-7297

Member:  N.C.I.S.S.

P.I.C.A.-2nd VP

BNI-Visitor Host

“The World's Largest Referral Organization”

Visit us at  

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Claude Ammons

I enjoy answering questions relating to private & general investigations including but not limited to locates, skip tracing, surveillance, stalking, child custody, criminal defense, civil, corporate security/executive protection, workplace violence/threat assessments, personal security, security surveillance systems and GPS tracking/monitoring products & services. Specifically, I answer questions regarding state laws concerning private investigation practices, as well as the best practices & standard operating procedures used by most reputable private investigative firms. I can give you state & federal references when dealing with issues that may or may not be legal in your specific state. IE- Some states have laws which conflict with federal law such as California's "2 party law" for surreptitious audio recordings. I offer tips on how to identify the right investigative firm for your particular case and what type of questions that investigative firm should be asking you. QUICK TIP #1: NEVER hire a Private Investigative firm that is not concerned about providing you a written contract that specifically outlines the agreement and responsibilities of both parties!!! A written contract should be expected & demanded by both investigative firm and client 95% of the time. I have numerous resources and will point you in the right direction. Whether it is hiring an attorney, a specialist or offering tips on conducting LEGAL investigations & research yourself. I offer advise regarding the kind of info you can legally obtain, what's not legal for you to obtain and when you need to hire a professional to obtain the info on your behalf. Lastly, I have over 20 yrs of experience as a Security Professional/Consultant and 12+ yrs within the Investigative profession. As the 2009 President of a state Private Investigation Association, I have professional knowledge, experience & established resources that supply me with the most recent legislative issues & industry trends.

Corinthian Group experience includes but not limited to all areas of surveillance including Workers Compensation Insurance Fraud, Domestic Infidelity Cases, Computer Investigations & Forensics, Personal Injury & Automobile Liabilty, Loss Prevention, theft interviewing & interrogation techniques, Under Cover assignments, Stalking prevention & suppression, surveillance tactics & countermeasures and surveillance system & lighting consultation experience. Corinthian Group also has experience in security consultation & protective services to the corporate & private sector. These services include Bodyguard/Executive Protection, identity theft prevention, work place violence & volitale terminations, GPS tracking/monitoring services, TSCM/Debugging( Technical Surveillance Countermeasures) and security system products & diagramming experience.

2009 PICA President (Professional Investigators of California Association) NCISS (National Council of Investigations & Security Services)-Member CALI (California Association of Licensed Investigators)-Member SCFIA (Southern California Fraud Investigators Association)-Member WAD (World Association of Detectives)-Member

Publications Hellium: Blog: and my m

PSO (Security Course) Weaponless Defense Tai Karate & MMA training Wicklander & Zulawski-Interview & Interrogation Techniques Peace Officer Standards & Training (POST)-832 Level 3 CA State licensed Private Investigator-CA PI # 23070 Law Enforcement Training Center-Computer Investigations

Elected as the Association President of PICA in 2009. PICA was an Association that focused on legislative bills that would have a negative impact on our profession if passed at the state level... PICA was a member oriented association that was positioning itselt to provide its members with resources to help them successful grow and or sustain their businesses. Awarded for presentation of GPS Tracking devices. Honored for service as the 2009 PICA President and the 2008 & 2007 PICA 2nd Vice President respectively.

SCRMA (Southern California Risk Management Associates), Markel Insurance Corporation, Imhoff & Associations (Nationwide Criminal Defense Law Firm). Private clients are Confidential!