Private Investigations and Personal Security/Stalking

Question
I have been dealing with a Corvette restoration shop. The wife of the owner suspects her husband of having an affair with me. I have known this gentleman for 15 years or more. I am not seeing this person.

His wife searched my repair records, ran my license plate, got my address and is stalking me. She has driven past my home, followed me to work and shopping destinations. I called her and told her I am not interested in her husband and I have a relationship with someone else.

I feel my privacy has been invaded by use of business records and I am being stalked. What should I do; if anything.

Lori Bryant

Answer
Hi Lori-

What state do you reside in? The reason I ask is because this matter can be dealt with using the state criminal codes or the Federal statutes. It depends upon a number of factors, but why don't we start with telling me here you live and I can then give a more meaningful answer to your question.

I will tell you that you should not ignore this or just "hope" that it goes away by itself.
And I'll be more than happy to walk you through this process pro bono (free). One of the first things that I would do would be to run a criminal index check to see what, if any, other crimes she may or may not have committed. The reason for doing that is because the best predictor of future violence is past violence (rather obvious, I know!).

I'd be happy to do that for you, so if you can provide me with the woman's name and where she lives (name of the town), I'll take care of that so we can at least establish what degree of worry you should have.

Is her husband aware of what she's done? We might want to involve him, but first let's check the criminal history, if there is one.

If you have any questions or concerns, please call me toll free at (800) 516-2448.

best regards,

Nic  

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Nichols (Nic) J. Smith