Private Investigations and Personal Security/e mail account

My ex husband opened an a mail account in my name and then had it published in our childrens school phone book. Parents think they are communicating with me but I had no idea until recently. He also has set up a face book account in my name and again is communicating and posting information as me. Is this legal??

No, it is not legal.
Representing yourself to be someone you are not, regardless of how that is accomplished, is not legal. Further if he is using the information to publish false material about you he can be sued for libel.

I believe that Facebook has a methodology for filing an objection to the content, which, based on
your account of things should be easy enough to demonstrate for them.

Good luck!

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Nichols (Nic) J. Smith

I can answer almost any question with regards to the individual state laws concerning private investigators; best practices and procedures used in private investigations;how to determine if the agency or investigator you are contemplating using is sufficiently qualified to do the work and if an investigation was conducted in accordance with the standards of practice and care used in the professional investigative industry. I can also direct you with regards to doing your own research in certain situations, such as finding someone who owes you money. I can steer you through the database "minefield" with regards to which databases contain useful information and which don't. I can also advise regarding the kind of information that you can legally obtain and what's not legal.

Life Fellow- American College of Forensic Examiners

Morgan Lewis and Brockius (Int'l Law firm) Sedgwick, Detert (Int'l Law Firm) Bingham McCutheon (Int'l Law Firm