Private Investigations and Personal Security/investigations

Question
Hi
In the book I am writing the PI is lied to, but gets a story he belives from another person. Would the PI return to the person who lied to him, telling him the story he belives and demand the full truth from the liar? Would he compare both stories?
What might the PI do?

Thanks.

Answer
Demetrius,

He would return to the person who lied.  In the presence of that person he would compare the stories and ask the person who lied to him to tell him which sounds more logical and then demand the truth from the liar.  In fiction he would then ask for more money to take the case and subsequently make love to the nearest beautiful woman associated with the investigation!

Jeff  

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Jeffrey Hauck