Private Investigations and Personal Security/The Pirvacy Act

Question
My Human Resource Manager, sent my entire OIG case, which is still an on-going investigation over the internet, to my personal email address. Now anyone can intercept this and read it, This in confidential Information, and he should have know better, but he did this on purpose to try and embarrass me.  How can I file a complaint against him.

Answer
Sugarbear,

Before I begin answering your question, please accept my apology for taking so long to get back to you.  I was away and forgot to set my status as "Away."  Thank you for your question.

Privacy laws differ from state to state but ultimately the deciding factor is intent.  As much as emails are unsecure, they are not inherently so.  Unless you believe that your HR manager was intentionally trying to have your information compromised, I don't know where this can go past an internal HR complaint.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Wishing you good health and happiness,
Sean Carroll

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Sean Carroll