Private Investigations and Personal Security/missing money

My aunt's sister in law died.  They were quite close as the two brothers they were married to had already passed.  My aunt said there was more than five thousand in her sister in law's bank account that doesn't seem to be there now.  She asked me to help her with this.  Where do I begin????Joanna

If the only objective is obtaining the account details from this bank account it is going to be impossible.  I doubt you will find a PI in the United States who will be able to get you that kind of transactional info.  

PI's can in some circumstances trace new accounts and get balances, but if your looking for transactional information your better off trying to get into it legally with an estate lawyer.

If someone had Power of Attorney over your aunt, that person might be able to write the bank for an accounting.

Kevin Bousquet

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Kevin Bousquet

Questions relating to the law and private investigators, trying to collect a judgment, child support, asset investigation, corporate investigation, due diligence, finding missing persons. Closing a safe business deal. Fraud and Fraud Avoidance Issues. Trying to collect from people working for cash. The Corpa Group Inc. is a 17 year old agency. Kevin Bousquet has been in the private investigation business since he was 19. Now in his 40s Kevin runs one of the top agencies in North America.

Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Collection

Law Enf Grad (honours)1986, Law/Legal Admin 1991, Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Fraud Investigator (CFI), Currently working on the designation English, French, Japanese. Owner Corpa Investigation since 1991.

This is always a private issue.